we would like to inform you, that we are still working on preparations of 15th anniversary of ČSOB Bratislava Marathon, which is going to happen on first weekend in September 2020. By this time, there are no circumstances, which will prevent the organisation of ČSOB Bratislava Marathon event in it’s re-scheduled date – 4-6th of September 2020. Safety of our runners and spectators is our priority, and that’s why – concerning the actual situation and actual hygienic and epidemiological recommendations, we have made several changes in organisation and program, which we would like to inform you about.
It is our priority to organise for you a save and high-class running event, respecting all the rules and recommendations from our local authorities. Beside all the hygienic recommendations and rules, the most important thing for us is to follow the rule about maximal number of participants in one sector of the event in the same time, which was specified by Public Healthcare Bureau on 3d of july 2020 as 1000.
FRIDAY 4th of September 2020
– Kid’s Runs are re-scheduled from Saturday morning to Friday Evening. The start since 6pm will be organised in different starting waves with longer time intervals in between.
SATURDAY 5th of September 2020
– 10k run is re-scheduled to Saturday morning and start will be organised in 2 separate starting waves – 9am and 10:30am. The second starting wave will be realized only in case, when number of participants of 10k run will be higher than 1000.
– Minimarathon 4,2km is scheduled to Saturday afternoon and in case the number of participants will be higher than 1000, the start will be organised as well in 2 separate starting waves at 3pm and 4pm
– from safety reasons, we decided to cancel the Toddler’s Race and Seniors Run
– with the goal of lowering the number of participants on the event, we will limit the number of exhibitors and presentation kiosks on Eurovea Square.
– from hygienic reasons we cancel the Pasta Party on Saturday
SUNDAY 6th of September 2020
– we cancel the Marathon Relay 4×10,5km – we will provide detailed information to all registered runners directly
– Marathon (42,1km), Half-marathon (21,1km) and Half-marathon Relay (4x 5,5km) are scheduled for Sunday morning and the start will be organised in several starting waves with longer intervals in between. We will inform you about exact schedule of the start soon.
Based on these circumstances and the specific situation this year, we opened again the 3 options for those registered runners, who can’t come to ČSOB Bratislava Marathon this year. All information will be available this week.
The situation, which happened in the world brought us – event organisers the new and un-known challenges. We are facing the unprecedented decisions, but we in Bratislava Marathon Team believe, with strong support of our local government and our partners, that together we can make it. We will do everything we can to make 15th Anniversary of ČSOB Bratislava Marathon memorable as a year full of friendly atmosphere, respect, tolerance and healthy rivalry. Together we will make ČSOB Bratislava Marathon a place full of people celebrating the sport and healthy lifestyle.
Thank you for your understanding and your support. We really appreciate that. We wish you a nice summer and we are looking forward to seeing you in September in Bratislava.
Bratislava marathon team